Are you looking for Tyre Labelling for your vehicle?
The European Union announced several changes to the tyre labelling guidelines on 1st May 2021. Car owners looking forward to buying new tyres should know these rules to make the right choice.
As a reliable retailer of car tyres Middlesbrough, we, MAXTREAD TYRE & AUTOCARE LTD, want to help you comprehensively. Here, we have explained the new tyre labelling rules below for your reference.
New Tyre Labelling Rules
According to the new tyre labelling rules, the wet grip performance rating of car tyres will range from A to E. Tyres that have "A" wet grip rating will provide brilliant short braking performance on wet roads. The ones with an "E" rating will provide the least.
The fuel efficiency rating of car tyres now ranges between A to E.
- Tyres with an "A" rating reduce the rolling resistance brilliantly and provide unmatched fuel economy.
- The "E" rated tyres fail to reduce the rolling resistance optimally and offer poor fuel economy.
As per the new rules, the noise emission of car tyres is now measured with an ABC rating.
A Rating- Indicates brilliant noise efficiency
B Rating- This shows high external noise
C Rating- Tyres with a C rating are now banned
Here are the new additions to the existing EU labelling that you must be aware of while buying tyres Middlesbrough:
- Labels of Nordic winter car tyres will have a stalagmite symbol.
- Tyres built for snow performance will have a 3PMSF symbol.
- Each tyre label will have a unique QR code. On scanning this code, you will receive detailed information and verification of the tyre directly from the EU database EPREL.
For detailed information, regarding this and for car tyres Middlesbrough, feel free to call us on 01642 939990.